SPIN promotes mental health well-being, education and awareness, and supports services to those bereaved by suicide .
Funding Applications Now Available
Each year the Suicide Prevention Implementation Network (SPIN) may provide funding to a maximum of $1,500.00 for individuals/groups/organizations to offer programs or events to make Brandon and area suicide-safer.
Wellness and Awareness Initiatives:
- Indigenous Traditional Teaching Activities
- Youth Wellness Day for Brandon School Division students
- Youth Revolution -provide support for their activities (ongoing)
- ASIST (Applied Intervention Skills Training) – 2-day intervention workshops
- ASIST TuneUPs (refreshers) – 3 hours Free
- Klinic Volunteer Crisis Line Training
- Mental Health First Aid
- SafeTALK (Suicide Alertness for Everyone) – 3 hour workshops
- SuicideTALK – 1 hour awareness information sessions
- Brandon & Area Suicide Bereavement Support Group (contact Elan at: 204-573-7878 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Survivors of Suicide Loss Day is November 21. A special time of reflection for family, friends, and co-workers who have lost someone to suicide. For more information, call Elan at 204-573-7878.