TELL… someone if you are having thoughts of suicide or if someone you know is experiencing emotional distress ASK… “Are you you having thoughts of suicide?” If yes, LISTEN to the person’s concerns and get them connected to help. Help is available. Connect to KEEPSAFE resources listed at the bottom of this site. There is HOPE! Keepsafe.
Suicide Prevention Day is September 10, 2020
As Manitoba has now eased the public health safety criteria, PMH is in planning to reschedule these trainings.
We wish to assure you that we have taken into account the safety measures set out by public health:
· we have reduced class sizes to assure physical distancing of 2 metres/6 feet
· we will be cleaning all high touch environments such as table tops and arms of chairs
· participants can chose to bring their own mask as well as pen etc.
For all the following trainings we will be adding additional dates throughout the fall and winter if permitted, thus we will circulate notice of this well in advance.
If you Organization would like a session specifically for your staff please note that this request will be considered based on trainer availability.
LOCATION: BRHC Nurses Residence Lecture Theatre – Class size to be determined related to Public Health Direction.
· September 15 (9am to 12pm) or (1:00pm to 4pm) – maximum 16
· September 16 (9am to 12pm) or (1:00pm to 4pm)TELEHEALTH
ASIST FULL WORKSHOP:
LOCATION: Town Centre Brandon 800 Rosser Ave. Unit C9
· September 9-10, 2020 (8:30am to 4:30pm) – maximum 12
· October 14-15, 2020 (8:30am to 4:30pm) – maximum 12
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID:
LOCATION: Town Centre Brandon 800 Rosser Ave. Unit C9-Class size to be determined related to Public Health Direction.
· October 7-8, 2020 (8:30am to 4:30pm) – maximum 12
· December 2-3, 2020 (8:30am to 4:30pm) – maximum 12
Please contact Kaila Derhak email@example.com (204-578-2490) should you wish to register for any of the available dates or have any questions.
SafeTALK – Suicide Alertness for Everyone – call SPIN to inquire about this free 3 hour training – We can arrange for your group!
SafeTALK is a three hour Living Works program that teaches members of the community to recognize persons with thoughts of suicide and to connect them to suicide first-aid resources. 2 workshops available
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to register for any of the available SafeTalk dates or have any questions.
Email SPIN if you would like a supply of Power Cards
SPIN – Powercards 2020
Follow SPIN on Social Media